Square Reunion 2010
(1st Annual Square Reunion - Coronado 2008)
I wish I was writing this post with more concrete ideas of what was going to happen come October 6th. But since the date is only getting closer and only a few weeks away we should probably start talking about what might happen.
(2nd Annual Square Reunion - Las Vegas 2009)
It doesn't really matter to me what we do because just hanging out somewhere is going to be awesome. I know that some of us may not be able to make it on the 6th (Wednesday) but the sooner everyone can be there the better.
So here are some of the options that I have talked to each of you about. Obviously number one choice would be:
-Coronado (no cost, except gas and food. We are just waiting for the 'ok'. We will wait until we know that this isn't possible to decide on our other options.
Another option I talked with Jordan about was:
-Woods Beach house. (But not sure how possible this would be either.)
Here are some other ideas that I have thought about but not really mentioned yet.
-Going to our cabin. The only problem is the cabin is in Payson and Nate and Elisabeth wouldn't be able to make it because of distance.
-Camping at Jacob Lake. I haven't been able to get this idea of my mind since we found this new camping spot so close to where we were back in May. I know this option is also a lot more work with kids but I think it would be a blast. (But I'm not sure I could get Brittney to camp out there for 4 nights so this option is probably going to wait until the next Square Campout). However, if this option is something that we may want to do please speak up.
-So I hope you are all still reading because this is probably my favorite back-up plan and probably the most realistic one. Getting a hotel in Newport Beach. We could probably get a decent hotel for 40 bucks a night (using priceline) and still be close to the beach. It is also a couple hours closer than Coronado (closer to Nate and A, the same for me and J). You would be able to come whenever you want/can which is hopefully on Friday at the latest and then we can spend the weekend at the beach and hanging out.
It wont be as cozy as Coronado but we would still be in Cali.
Everyone chime in with what you think and when you are planning on making it to the Reunion. If we can stay in Coronado we want to leave here Tuesday night so we are there all day Wednesday. If we just end up getting a hotel then we will leave Wednesday morning or whenever someone else is planning on making it over.
Can't wait to see everyone!
Bryce


14 comments:
First, my work is going to be really gay about getting Friday the 8th off (because the next week is October break). So... is there anyway we can go the next weekend or some other time in Oct or Nov?
As for the location, they all sound good except for Jacob Lake. Megan's still not a camper.
So let me know about the date otherwise I don't know if we'll be able to make it this year.
Thanks for posting this Bryce.
I agree with all the spots your talking about...it looks like Coronado, San Diego, and New Port are our best chances. Jenna and I are down with any of them and we're pretty flexible since I have that whole week off.
It sounds like this time isn't working for Jordan and Megan...if that's the case maybe this can be an unofficial Square Get-Together and we could do the actual Square Reunion around Thanksgiving (although Nate and Bethy might be in Utah)or another time. Anyways, lets keep posting so we know where everyone stands.
I kind of figured that Jacob Lake would be a no go. I was just wishing out loud. I guess that sweet camping spot can wait until the next camping trip.
I don't think the following week is going to work. I know that me and A already have the time off and it might be too hard to change weeks. And I know that me and Brittney already have things planned in October and November so finding an open weekend will be tough.
I think it will still be fun as long as we can at least have everyone there for the weekend. At least Saturday and Sunday.
A- I have Wednesday through the weekend off so we should try to go early and get a couple days in at the beach.
So I'm afraid getting time off that week is going to be up in the air until the week of. I think I might have a crazy busy week, but there could be a chance we finish early. If that's the case and you guys still plan on going to southern California we'd probably still be able to be there for the weekend at least. But if we do it somewhere else, it most likely wont happen.
I also just wanted to through this out there. So the only real time I know I have off for the next few months is over Thanksgiving. We were going to go up to Utah for it, but now Elisabeth's brother is getting married a couple weeks after that so we're just going to go to that - meaning we don't have any plans for Thanksgiving. So I was wondering what Everyone else is up to? Would it be possible to get together then? Or do you all have big family stuff planed?? I guess Aaron already suggested this, it would be perfect for us.
Thanksgiving works great for Jenna and I since I have that whole week off and we will be in AZ already. I think thats a good idea then. Let's make this next trip a "come if you can" one and then have an official reunion around Thanksgiving since I'm pretty sure everyone will be in town. What does everyone think?
Thanksgiving works great for Jenna and I since I have that whole week off and we will be in AZ already. I think thats a good idea then. Let's make this next trip a "come if you can" one and then have an official reunion around Thanksgiving since I'm pretty sure everyone will be in town. What does everyone think?
If we can do anything over Thanksgiving it would probably be just hanging out one night that week/weekend. That would still be fun but I don't think it would be possible for all of us to be able to spend a whole day doing something.
If October doesn't work for anyone I don't think we will go anywhere and I'll probably just save my vacation days.
Update: Coronado is not going to happen. Brittney and I probably wont be going to Cali that week anymore.
This post is going to have a lot of comments... For Thanksgiving we should definately go campin!
I don't know if camping will work that weekend? Are you thinking guys camping? And what days?
I don't think I'm going to be driving all the way home just for that long weekend. Hmmm... sounds like we're really back to nothing again aren't we. I don't know what to do.
I did want to post this on here too though, Jordan I think you'll enjoy it at least: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpKouRTCx0&p=A4A60AEB848E2BF5&playnext=1&index=12
My friend said a bunch of L.A. Gays freaked out because of it so they pulled it off the air. Too bad, its hilarious!
Nate, So are you guys not coming to AZ at all over Thanksgiving?
I don't really know what else to do either. Anyone have any ideas?
No we weren't planning on it. We'll be down for Christmas though.
Anyone is welcome to come stay with us and visit the Bay area anytime... Just thought I'd through that out there. I know it's a little far though.
I really don't know what to do now though B. We should just try and pick another date in the future sometime. Maybe January-ish? Sometime we can all plan for.
Well, I just figured, if you guys wanted, we could go camping Friday to Saturday. Maybe just guys? I don't know, just an idea. Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment