Saturday, February 23, 2013

Square Campout 2006???

Yes, this is a look back at our first reunion campout after Nate and I got home in July 2006. The other day I was looking for a memory card to put in a camera and I came across a 1 GB card. I was shocked because we haven't used that small of a card in years and I could only imagine what pictures we would find on there. It was a nice surprise to see all these pictures that I hardly remember taking. I thought I would post a few for all of you to enjoy.














We should start planning on next Square Reunion. I'm ready for it after seeing all these pics.

Bryce

20 comments:

Aaron,  February 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM  

B-Money,

Awesome post man..I loved it! It feels like that campout was forever ago. I am totally ready for our 2013 Square Campout...I think we pretty much perfected the whole process last year. We need to pick a weekend and put it on the calendar asap.
By the way, what's up with the picture of Nate holding the stick...did I miss something? hehe
-Aaron

Bryce Gurr,  February 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM  

I don't know whats going on in the picture with Nate and that stick. I don't think I've ever seen that picture before.

March and April are both pretty busy for us but May looks open so far. What are your guys' schedules like? Does May work?

Jordan Rogers,  February 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM  

Nice pics B. Nate looks like he's doing a Harry Potter move or something.

I'll already be in AZ the weekend of April 12th. Are you busy that weekend B? Would that work for the rest?

Bryce Gurr,  February 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM  

April 12th would actually work for me. We will be out of town the first and last weekend in April so the 12th is good. Are we camping or should I try to get the cabin?

Aaron,  February 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM  

Well...this is getting interesting then. I think I would be good that weekend too so now its just down to Nate. My first thought would be to camp like we did last time in Payson but that's just me, Would it be too cold in early April though..I can't remember. Oh...and seeing those pics from the 2006 camp out made me crave some quad riding too..does anyone still have any of those available?
PS Bryce you may as well tell Brittney that we will definitely be needing those veggie tinfoil things again because they were amazing!!

Nathan,  February 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM  

hmmm... "I like the sound of that". I'll have to talk to Elisabeth, but I can't think of any reason why that weekend wouldn't work. So what days/timeline are we really thinking here?? Jordan how long will you be in town and more important, how long can you spend camping with us haha.

And what's the deal with me and the stick?? haha I seriously have no clue what was going on there.

Jordan Rogers,  February 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM  

Looks like we got a winner!! I'll be there the 11th to the 15th so maybe fri to sunday??

What do you guys think?

Aaron,  February 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM  

Wow..that was easier than I thought to find a date that fit everyone! I agree Jordan...I think a two-night camp out would be a good length because one night would go by way too fast. Maybe we could do the same thing as last time and have Bryce and/or Jordan meet at me and Nate's house on Friday morning, then we could camp until Sunday morning and fly back that afternoon/night...thoughts?

Bryce Gurr,  February 27, 2013 at 9:31 PM  

I was thinking we could do the same thing as last time. Pick you guys up Friday morning (maybe around 8 or so), hit Fili B's, go grocery shopping (get ice etc), then come home Sunday morning.

I don't know if the Rhino will be in shape to take but we could bring a couple quads.

Aaron,  February 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM  

Brilliant plan Bryce... I'm already getting really excited! I'm going to book my flights tonight so we can't change our minds.

Bryce Gurr,  March 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM  

So A- did you book a flight already?

Aaron,  March 5, 2013 at 5:33 AM  

You know it! I fly in on Thursday night and fly home on Sunday night. I told Nate to book his flights early too to save some mula but you can only lead a horse to water... you can't make him drink! Ha. Get the camping gear ready B!

Nathan,  March 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM  

hmm... have you know I did booked my flights already.

We're going to have to start our camping list pretty soon here haha. Maybe put together a campout playlist, figure out how were going to watch Joe Dirt... you know.

Oh, by the way. I went on a campout a couple weeks ago. Before I left I was cleaning some stuff out of my car and I found a bunch of CDs including Dick Rock - Campout 2010 edition. So I played it to my scouts on the way up haha. They loved it.

Aaron,  March 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM  

Of course they loved Dick Rock...its one of the greatest CD's ever made! I'll be playing it "loud and proud" when I take my scouts camping this weekend also.
I agree that we need to start our camping list soon...can someone forward our last one we had before(wasn't it through google docs or something). Also, I think we should do a conference call like we did last time to work out all the details in real time. Jordan...didn't you say that you have a number we could use to do that? OH, an I'm bringing a new game this year that I think you guys are going to love..its called "BANG!".

Bryce Gurr,  March 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM  

I can't believe how easy this was all planned. I'm so excited! I don't remember what we made last time but it was so good. Was it our dinner or our breakfast that was amazing? I can't wait!

I'll see if I can find our old camping list and post it.

Aaron,  March 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM  

Hey Guys,
So obviously our camp out is coming up in less than two weeks(yes!) and I thought we should probably regroup soon so were all on the same page. Based on what I've heard, well probably use our old list to plan for food and stuff and were meeting at me and Nates house at 8am on Friday morning. Then well hit up philis and Walmart on the way to Payson. Bryce, as usual you'll be doing most of the work... besides helping with gas money, is there anything we can do to help? Are we going to be able to take some quads? Let us know.

PS. I call the warm sleeping bag! Ha

Bryce Gurr,  April 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM  

That all sounds great to me. No need to pitch in on gas but thank you. I will pick up steaks at costco because they are a lot better than Wal-Mart steaks and they usually come in packs of 4. Should I grab rib-eye, filets, new york strip or something else? I like all of those so it doesn't matter to me.

I am bringing quads. I'll have mine or Brittney's 250 and Blake's 400. I'll pack both sleeping bags and an air mattress and all the cooking stuff. Basically all the same stuff I had last time.

Is there anything specific I should try to bring? Do we need games? Frisbee? or anything else?

Aaron,  April 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM  

You're the man B! When it comes to steaks, I'm all about ribeye but that's just me. Regarding games, I think me and Nate will have us covered so were good there. The only other things I can think of are a football, wiffle ball stuff, Tons of britts tin foil veggies ( with extra butter) and a video of you sleep walking like you promised last time.. Ha!

Jordan Rogers,  April 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM  

You ARE the man B! Last time we grilled up New York strips so I vote for those again but whatever.

I'm really looking forward to Brittney's butter veggies so definately don't forgot those.

Nathan,  April 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM  

I'll I need is "Brittney's Butter Veggies" haha just kidding... Any steak is good for me. I really wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between all those.

We need a frisbee, football, baseball and a couple mits (if interested?), definitely wiffle ball stuff, oh how about some badminton?? JR - does your fam still have a set? Did you play paintball last time? Maybe we don't have guns, I can't remember.

We also need board games. B - if you have some good ones, bring them. I have that Wits and Wagers game, but I don't know what other games you're talking about Aaron.

Finally, we need to make sure we have a movie night. Even if we have to watch something on your iPad Bryce. Maybe some Joe Dirt or BTTF?

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP