Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Square Reunion Accommodations...

October is fast approaching and Nate and I have been looking into ideas for where to stay for the Square Reunion. I came across some vacation home rentals that seemed to be reasonably priced when compared to hotels in the area. The biggest advantage to the vacation home is that we'd have a place where we could all hang out after being out and about during the day (after the kiddies are in bed), plus we wouldn't have to eat out for every meal. Not sure if anyone else wants to look around and see what they can find, but these were the best ones I could find. For all of these I've estimated the cost per night per couple (thats easiest to compare to hotel rates) and calculated it for 4 nights (Oct 5th-9th). I did not include the deposit in the cost because it is fully refundable and whoever pays it would get it all back after the trip. The cleaning fees were calculated into the cost estimates.

  1.  Best Deal - A house in Huntington Beach, 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, 2400 sq. feet. It will be about $53/night per couple. Someone will probably be on an air mattress in the living room here :) Its close to the beach, seems big as far as square footage... oh, and did I mention the jaccuzzi? Here is the link to this place where you can check out pictures and all the info:       http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p215307
     
  2. House in Capistrano Beach - This house is 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1700 sq. feet. It will be about $72/night per couple. It has a patio with a grill, is only a walk to the beach, and also has a game room. Check out the pictures/info: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p135319i#calendar
  3. House in Anaheim - not the best location - 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 bathrooms, 1850 sq. feet. $72/night per couple. It has a patio w/BBQ and a jaccuzzi. It is further from the beach, but close to Disneyland. Check out the pictures/info: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p223080
  4. Townhouse in Huntington Beach - A more pricey option --> 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, 1500 sq. feet. $85/night per couple. Patio w/grill, bikes, boogie boards, a cooler and beach umbrella and a community pool to use. Check out pictures/info: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p176026
Anyway, let us know what you think. Any other ideas? Requests? Preferences? Can everyone do 4 nights, or should we just do 3 nights? If we did 4 nights, everyone would get in on Wednesday, we could do Disneyland on Thursday and then have Friday and Saturday to do other stuff.
We're excited to see all of you in October!!!

2 comments:

Bryce Gurr,  July 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Thank you for doing all that research! I think it would be awesome for us to all stay together in a house. If we get a hotel we will always feel like we have to go some where to hang out. If we are at a house we can just sit around there and bbq and hang out.
Brittney and I also think it is worth the extra money to stay close to the beach.
We are also good for 4 nights. I think disneyland would be more fun (less busy) on Thursday than Friday.
Peace out from Coronado! We love you guys!

Aaron,  July 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

This is great info Bethy!! Thanks for doing it. I think the first option is perfect...I can't see us finding a better deal than that so I think once everyone has agreed..we should jump on it asap. I just bought a really nice air mattress so I will bring that for the fourth bed. Also, J and I have the whole week off so we would be good with the 4 nights too.
PS I think it would be fun to do Square-Disneyland shirts for this trip too...I know I wear my Square Coronado shirt all the time still...thoughts Bryce?

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP