Thursday, February 4, 2010

My New...Old Bike



Me and Bryce bought this old school bike for me from DI about a month ago. Looked past all of the rust and dirt and saw the potential that it had. We took it all apart, repainted it, made it a single speed, buffed the chrome, and put new tires, seat, basket, and grips on it. You guys can't believe how good it rides. It can coast for days.

The hardest part was getting all the paint off.




The finished product.





Me and Benson enjoying the new ride.








It seriously was such a fun project to do together. Its gonna be a great bike for cruising in Coronado. Be jealous everyone. Be jealous.

4 comments:

Nathan,  February 4, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

Nice Ride!! Oh, and I am so jealous...

Seriously, it turned out so good. I loved your post, you put a ton of good pictures on here. Benson is getting Huge, and he looks like a stud in that basket. And Bryce... I love the rubber gloves!! haha

Elisabeth,  February 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Benson is sooooooooo cute! I can't believe how big he is! That bike is awesome too. I haven't had a bike in forever. I sure am jealous :)

Aaron,  February 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

That is sooo sweet! I don't know how you guys come up with stuff like that. And we're loving all of Benson's hair too!

Bryce Gurr,  February 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

We are really happy with the way it turned out. It is such a nice bike.
The reason for my gay gloves is because we were using a paint stripper that was like acid and it BURNED so bad if it touched your skin. A couple times just little paint specks flew off and would burn my leg.
A- This stuff is easy to come up with. Go to a thrift store buy an old bike and paint it and get all the other stuff... You guys should all redo some old bikes.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP