Snowboarding Accident
I went snowboarding a few weeks ago and had an interesting experience. I meant to post about this a while ago but I guess I've just been pretty busy. I was snowboarding with a friend at Sundance and I was like "hey, lets go do this tree run, I've done it a bunch a times its sweet!". He decided not to cause it was his first run of the day so I did it anyway. So... as I was easing my way into the tree line (I wasn't even really going yet) and I hit my head on the end of a fatty brach. It hurt pretty bad but it didn't knock me out or anything. So I road down to the main run and took my hat off to check it out and saw that I was bleeding a little bit. I think I was mad more than anything else. It was funny cause on the lift, right before I did it, I was telling my friend how I should have got a helmet a long time ago.
I went and talked to a ski patrol dude and he checked it out and cleaned it up for me. He said I could probably get a stitch or two, but if he were me, he would just superglue it later. I was like, sounds good to me. So I left the bandage on it and kept snowboarding for a couple more hours.
When I got home Elisabeth help me do the surgery. She kinda freaked when I first showed her, but she did a good job. Although she did put a huge glob of glue in one spot and it gave me a permanent hair due for a day or two haha. Here are a couple other close ups for your enjoyment.
Another funny part of the story: When I was sitting with the ski patrol guy in his little hut, he was asking if I was dizzy or felt weird etc. cause I hit my head. And I was "Oh no... I'm totally fine". And right after that I was like, "'I'm going to go tell my friend to go ride some without me, I'll be right back". So I go over and try to push the big glass door open to go outside but I couldn't get it to open. Turns out it was actually a big glass window not the door. I felt so dumb, and the ski patrol dude was like, "Are you sure you're feeling alright man?"
2 comments:
Ouch! That does not look pretty! I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened to one of us sooner since we've been weaving in and out of trees for a while. BTW, the only thing I could think of when you said you walked into that window is "YOU ARE A HUGE NERD!" hehe
P.S Let's play Dr. Mario...
Post a Comment