2010 Square Reunion?????

I'm not sure if we have decided on this being the 2010 Square Reunion or just the camping trip this year. (Hopefully just the camping trip and we will have a real reunion in the Fall)
Either way I thought it was time to get some dates out there and some information so we can start getting ready for this because it will come up faster than we think.
The dates are May 14-16. And the location is Jacob Lake. Jacob Lake will be a great place because it is the most central place with a forest between all of us. I camped there last August and it was a lot of fun. The name of the place we will be camping up there is called Quakie Canyon. It is pretty well hidden off the road but not so hard we will never find it.
Possible activities while we are there:
Mountain biking (which Nate knows I am all for)
Riding quads (Jordan and I will bring ours. Right Jordan?)
Hiking (eh....)
Acid bombs (Of course)
and whatever else we feel like doing....
We may want to bring up some firewood. I'm sure we will find some there but it never hurts to have some. I think every meal should be on our own unless we want to cook for each other but that sounds really gay. So everyone chime in with your thoughts on meals. Remember there is a little store close by if we forget anything.
This will also be our meeting place because the camping spot is only about 10 minutes from here.
Here are links with approximate distances and times to get to Jacob Lake.
Nate:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Provo&1s=UT&1y=US&1l=40.233898&1g=-111.657799&1v=CITY&2c=Jacob+Lake&2s=AZ&2y=US&2l=36.713299&2g=-112.215599&2v=CITY
Aaron:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Las+Vegas&1s=NV&1y=US&1l=36.174999&1g=-115.136398&1v=CITY&2c=Jacob+Lake&2s=AZ&2y=US&2l=36.713299&2g=-112.215599&2v=CITY
Jordan and Bryce:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Provo&1s=UT&1y=US&1l=40.233898&1g=-111.657799&1v=CITY&2c=Jacob+Lake&2s=AZ&2y=US&2l=36.713299&2g=-112.215599&2v=CITY#b/maps/m:map:4:38.478618:-112.169529::::::1:1:::::::::/l:::Mesa:AZ::US:33.422199:-111.821899:city:Maricopa+County:1:::/l:::Jacob+Lake:AZ::US:36.713299:-112.215599:city::1:::/io:1:::::f:en_US:M::/bl:/e
I will post again if I think of anything else. But for now this is long enough! I can't wait!
5 comments:
Sounds awesome Bryce...I agree we should make this a separate camp out and then have a Square Reunion in the Fall. I'm totally down with the location and activities (I've been saving 2 liter bottles for weeks now!) Just a few questions 1) Is this a guys only or couples trip? 2) Are we really doing mountain biking (because I'll have to borrow a bike if we are)I'm already really excited!!
Don't make me the bad guy here Aaron and say whether or not its a guys only trip. (But look at the first picture...not sure the wives should be there...haha)
I think this trip would be fun if we made it a guys trip. Thoughts?
As for mountain biking I think it would be a lot of fun if we tried to get a ride in. There are some trails not to far from there that would be a lot of fun. (Bring a camera and start exercising its more work than you think.)
I should be able to bring three bikes so that leaves us one short. If no one else can bring one than I will try to get a fourth, but no promises.
This is going to be sweet!
Here is a little more about some mountain biking options. Here is one trail that is pretty close.
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-arizona/trail/PRD_164561_4513crx.aspx
And one that is AWESOME but quite a bit further. http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/thunder.htm
(Not sure why my links are not actual links. Sorry, just copy and paste.)
Let's sausage fest it! We can probably do something with everyone in the Fall. Mountain biking sounds awesome to me. I don't know anyone with a bike but we'll figure it out. Everything else sounds good and I have some good firewood at my parents.
I think I've already been planing on it being a guy's trip... and I'm so excited, this is going to be awesome! I do have my mountain bike, it's not very nice but it should work. I'll probably have to take off a tire or two to fit in my car though.
I was also thinking it would be sweet to do some paintballing like the first Payson trip. Elisabeth's family has some stuff and i went through it this last weekend. I only found two of those simple, single pump guns (I thought they'd be fun if we all had cheap ones). Bryce, does your family have any of those maybe?
Post a Comment