Blogy Business
I have a few blog type stuff I wanted to share with you guys.
First, you all probably noticed that you are receiving emails whenever someone posts to the blog or makes a comment. I really like it but if you think it's really anoying or something and dont want it you can just take your address off the list (or I can do it for you if you want). Its under the Settings tab > Comments > Email Notification box. And the other is under Settings tab >Email & Mobile > Email Notification box.
Another cool thing that I've figured out on here is that you can set your account up to make posts by just sending an email to a "secrect" email address you create. Just go to Settings > Email & Mobile > Email Posting Address. You basically just add another word to your current email address. The reason why I think this is cool is because you can make a post just by sending a text message or pix message. Thats how I did the one on the 4th of July. Just put that email address in the to field instead of the phone number. Also, I dont know if you guys have unlimited text messages, if you do you should be able to set up your email account to forward emails to your phone as text messages. Thats what I do and I love it since I dont have a data plan on my phone but have unlimited text/pix messages.
2 comments:
Nate, I think the texting setting is awesome. Will it send us a text when someone posts?
Yeah its way cool. I think its really just suppose to be for email but it works with a text too. No, it wont send you a text when someone posts. Thats why I forward all my emails to my phone as text messages. I only get the first 100 something characters but its usually enough to know what it is. Thats how I find out when there's a new post.
I did hear about this website called trackle.com, I haven't used it yet but I think you can use it to get notified via text or email for lots of different stuff like that.
Post a Comment