No Freaking Way
I've got something amazing to tell you guys. So at work today I was going to this meeting/presentation thing for interns, and I guess it was "drive and show off your cool car to work day." Actually it was some diversity day thing and they had a mini car show in the front parking lot.
I was checking out all of the way cool muscle cars, trucks, and classic cars... and then there it was, sitting on the corner, glistening in the sunlight, with its doors open like a wild eagle or something... no - like a Hard A Pterodactyl. A Genuine 1982 DMC Delorean in perfect condition. It seriously looked brand new, it only had 18,000 miles on it. And to top it off, it had sweet flux capacitor in the back.
I sat there and stared at it for a few minutes and then I walked around it like 5 times and inspected every inch, inside and out. It was SO dang cool. Then I spent the next 15 minutes talking to the owner. I asked him a ton of questions and he told me all about his little baby. He told me how he bought it brand new, right out of the factory. Then he told me how he gets paid to take it and show it off at conventions and stuff like that. He's even a member of the DELOREAN OWNERS ASSOCIATION, and I guess he's the "Texas Chapter Director". I even got his Delorean business card, check it out:
It was quite the experience. I wanted to take pictures by it so bad!! Because it was on the Lockheed Martin grounds they have crazy security rules and stuff. There are no cameras allowed and they'd take my phone from me if I was taking pictures with it. So... I have now seen 2 live Deloreans in my life, and I dont think I can top this one. Cant wait till the day when we start the Delorean Owners Association Square Chapter.
4 comments:
That is so awesome! People at my work give me a hard time because I was born the same year BTTF came out.
I never knew there was Delorean Owners Association. I want to be in that group one day. haha
That's sweet. I remember the first time I saw a DMC on the road. It was the one I followed home, remember? I would love to get one someday. The Delorean Motor Co. that builds new and refurbishes old D's is in Texas. You should check it out. You can get a refurbished for about 20 grand.
I remember going and looking at the one that you followed home.
I'll never forget that day... I was working and you called me in the middle of the day to tell me you saw one drive by. Then later that day you sent me a text "the Delorean lives at (whatever the address was". haha I had it saved in my phone forever. I'll have to see where that Delorean place is and go on a tour or something.
Post a Comment