Taste of Dallas
What's up fellas! Just wanted to tell you guys about a few of the things we've done recently. At Lockheed, everyone is on a 9/80 schedule. I had never heard about it until I got here. Unlike the normal 5/40 schedule we work 9 hour days but then we have every other Friday off. I also got the Friday before the 4th of July off too. So I've had 3 day weekends for the last 3 weeks, it's been awesome!
So last Friday we spent the evening in Dallas, its only like a 45 minute drive. We went to the Dallas temple, its a very small temple but it was cool.
After we went to the temple, we went to this event they do in Dallas once a year called the Taste of Dallas. It was sweet! It was a big outdoor thing in downtown Dallas (which is really cool by the way). They basically just had tons of restaurants from all over the Dallas-Fort Worth area in little booths selling smaller portions or samples of what they normally serve. And everything was between $2-$5. So we just walked around and got some free samples and ate cheap food, it was way good too. We got some amazing steak from this Brazilian BBQ place, some sweet potato fries, jerk chicken, and some free drinks and other samples.
The last thing I wanted to tell you guys about is this movie theater they have out here. It's called the Movie Tavern. We've been there twice now, we saw Transformers a couple weeks ago and then we saw the new Harry Potter last night (Jordan, I know how much you love HP...haha). This theater is way cool, I wish they had them everywhere. It pretty much like a restaurant-movie theater. There are less seats in the theater cause each row also has a table. And you get a waiter and everything. When you want something you just turn on this little switch and the waiter sneaks over and takes your order. You can get all kinds of stuff, but we've just got milkshakes and french fries every time. At first I thought it was going to be distracting and that there would be too many loud anoying drunk people arround but it wasn't. I love it! and I wish they had them in AZ and UT. I'll have to show you some pictures or something later.
2 comments:
They do have a movie/restaurant like that here. Its new and I think it's somewhere in Scottsdale. I saw HP last night and I thought it was really good. I was pretty suprised.
Nate, it looks like you guys are having a blast there. I love brazillian bbq places. Brittney took me to one for my birthday. It was awesome because they just keep bringing the meat.
We are going to see Harry Potter this weekend so I hope its good.
I have always wanted to go to one of those dinner/movie theatres. They seem like they would be fun.
Post a Comment